Monday, December 9, 2013

Make your own Christmas cards!

I have been making birthday cards and cards for many other occasions for many years, but I have never made my Christmas cards. I usually send out about 60 cards so that is quite a commitment to make them all. But this year I did it!! Rather than making 60 identical cards, I opted to make several designs.

I used the Sparkle & Shine paper pack X7176B for this one along with the Remarkable Wreath stamp set C1473. The sentiment is from the stamp set in the Frosted Cardmaking WOTG G1063. I finished it off with Silver Shimmer Trim Z1799 and I added a few Bitty Sparkles Z1263 on there too! The ink and cardstock colors are Ruby, Juniper, Slate and White Daisy.


For a less traditional color palette, I used the Frosted paper packet X7175B. I used Twilight, Bamboo and Colonial White cardstock along with Twilight ink. The sentiment is also from the Frosted Cardmaking WOTG G1063. The Burlap Ribbon Z1760 added a rustic touch and the Clear Sparkles Z1752 provides some glam.


I still had some of the Pear & Partridge paper (retired) from last year, so I created this beauty! The stamp set is Merry & Bright C1510. I used Cranberry and New England Ivy cardstock and ink. I just love the Bronze Shimmer Trim Z1849.


And lastly, I used the Believe paper packet (also retired) for this winter card. I cut the snowflake using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge Z1686 and used the coordinating Snowflakes stamp set D1480 along with Crystal Blue ink. The sentiment is from the Perfect Fit - Holidays stamp set B1412.


I'm so happy I was able to make all 60 cards this year!! I hope I can do it again in 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment